What is TAP Air Portugal?
TAP Air Portugal is an AirFlight carrier partially owned by the Portuguese Government, operating a privileged access platform in Europe. Also, at the crossroads with Africa, North, Central, and South America, flying an average of around 2800 flights per week, covering 92 destinations in 36 countries worldwide. In the US, Tap Air Portugal operates from Boston, Chicago, Miami, and New York with routes, including flights to the Americas (including Brazil), and to Europe.
TAP Air Portugal has operated since 1945, and its headquarters are at Lisbon Airport – which also serves as its hub. In 2005, TAP Air Portugal became a member of Star Alliance and turned to one of the world’s top aviation companies and is now in the seventh position among the ten safest companies in the world.
- Meals: complimentary snacks, meals, and drinks, even on short-haul flights.
- OnAir Wi-fi: available on flights between Europe and North and South America.
- Entertainment: a selection of more than 100 award-winning movies and tv shows, including the latest Hollywood releases, animations, classics, and the best of independent cinema as well as music, games, digital newspapers, and magazines
- Electronic Devices: Tap Air Portugal allows its passengers to use their smartphone, tablet, or laptop during the flights with certain conditions.
- Seats on board: you can choose from several fares to select the best and most comfortable seat for you.
- Specials needs: medical Assistance on board and specialized services for visually, hearing impaired, and wheel-chair passengers, and they also allow service and emotional support dogs in their flights.
Additional Services Offered :
- TAP Miles&Go: The reward program partnered with hundreds of companies to provide their associates access to exclusive products and services travel related. Miles, discounts, and benefits all over the world.
- TAP Airport Lounges: as a premium passenger, you have exclusive access to the lounges where you can rest while waiting and take advantage with comfort
- Personalized Assistance: you can request special service to be assisted during check-in, transport of checked baggage, and Boarding and disembarkation in exclusive vehicles.
- Special meals: if you have a special diet you can request special meals free of charge to meet your needs. Rules are applied.
- Sports equipment: you can bring your equipment to be transported in the hold. Prices depend on the type of equipment.
- Extra checked baggage: additional baggage purchase is allowed
- FastTrack: faster and easier access to the boarding gate and priority at the security and X-ray check;
- Stopover: TAP Air Portugal offers stopovers for free or discounted hotel rooms, meals, and attractions admission to passengers who want to spend some time in places they are connecting through.
Some Things to Be Aware of When Traveling With Tap Air Portugal:
- TAP Air Portugal requires proper medical declaration for medical conditions to assist you in special requests.
- Most of the extra services are charged and non-refundable if not used or do not apply to your flight.
TAP Air Portugal has its own website where you can search for flights by date, destination, categories, and also book hotel rooms, transfers, and rent cars with partnered companies. Furthermore, learn about flight information, manage your upcoming flights, check-ins, and learn all the details about how TAP Air Portugal operates worldwide.